POLICIES AND RULES
Guest Policies and Rules
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco is prohibited in or around the building.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the facility. Food and beverages are not allowed on the pool deck or in the dryland area. Water and sports drinks, however, are permitted in the facility and on the pool deck.
- Possession of illegal drugs, beer, and alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the premises.
- Harassment is not tolerated by the Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC). The term “harassment” includes, but is not limited to, slurs, jokes and other verbal, graphic, or physical contact relating to an individual’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, or handicap. “Harassment” also includes sexual favors, unwelcome or offensive touching, and other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Foul and abusive language is unacceptable.
- Abuse and/or misuse of TAC property and equipment is unacceptable. Violators will be held financially responsible for damages and losses. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and action may result in entry privileges being suspended or revoked.
- Guests are only allowed on the TAC premises during facility hours. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and action may result in entry privileges being suspended or revoked.
- No bare feet allowed outside of locker rooms or swimming pool areas with the exception of organized classes.
- Lockers are for day use only unless a monthly or annual locker rental has been purchased. If a pass has not been purchased, lockers will have the lock cut off and all items will be removed and bagged for pick-up. There will be a two (2) week holding period at which time all items found will be sent to an establishment which collects and resells used merchandise.
- Lockers purchased for monthly or annual use must be used in conjunction with a current swim pass, class registration or swim team registration.
- Guests are fully responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged at TAC. Books, bags, coats, and personal items should be kept in a locker and are not allowed in activity areas. Guests are responsible for bringing their own lock when using the lockers.
- Guests may not display actions that TAC Staff deem unsportsmanlike or rude.
- Misuse, moving, or altering any portion of TAC property is prohibited.
- Persons with infectious diseases are prohibited from using the facility. Open wounds must be covered. No one with an open wound will be allowed in the swimming pools.
- No child over the age of five (5) may be brought in the locker room of the opposite sex. TAC has provided two (2) unisex restrooms at the end of the completion pool, underneath spectator seating and adjacent to the alternate staircase for your convenience when faced with this situation.
- For your convenience, a building supervisor is on duty at all times. Any question regarding the facilities or programs can be directed to the supervisor.
- All persons must register at the front desk before using any portion of the facility.
- The multipurpose room is for use only by pre-approved persons.
- A telephone is available in the lobby for public use. All other phones are reserved for TAC business purposes.
- Guests and visitors shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Triangle Aquatic Center. People found in violation of these rules may have their TAC privileges suspended or revoked.
- In the event that severe weather approaches the area, the Triangle Aquatic Center staff will closely monitor local radar and weather reports. If necessary, the pools will be closed and guests will be asked to exit the water. The facility will remain open until conditions allow for reopening the pools.
- When and if severe weather will affect pool operations is impossible to predict. Therefore, Triangle Aquatic Center staff cannot predict whether the pools will be closed when severe weather is predicted, nor can they predict when the pools will reopen after a severe weather closure.
Decisions will be made on a case by case basis by facility staff. If the pools have closed, Triangle Aquatic Center staff will reopen them as soon as weather conditions allow.
- New! Click the Twitter link below to join and follow all TAC weather tweets!
Lifeguards on duty shall enforce all pool rules and have the authority to suspend pool privileges if rules are violated.
- A cleansing shower should be taken before entering the pools and before returning to the pools after the use of the restroom in any way.
- Children three (3) years of age and under must wear swim diapers. All other diapers are prohibited in all TAC pools.
- A person with Band-Aids, blisters, cuts, rashes, stitches, and/or communicable diseases is prohibited from using all TAC pools.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- Food, drink, and smoking are not allowed in the facility. Glass containers are prohibited. The use of all TAC pools while under the influence of alcohol or impairing drugs is prohibited.
- Diving in shallow areas is prohibited.
- Non-swimming children or children five (5) years of age and under must be accompanied in the water by a parent, guardian, or chaperone at all times, with the exception of classes.
- Chaperones must be at least fourteen (14) years of age.
- Children eleven (11) years and under must be supervised at all times by a parent, guardian, or chaperone, with the exception of classes.
- Swimsuits must be worn. Swimming in street clothing such as cut-off sweat pants, jeans, tshirts, etc. is prohibited.
- Do not play on steps or ladders.
- Back flips, back jumps, and back dives are not allowed even in the deep end.
- Flotation devices are prohibited in all TAC pools except for properly fitted Coast Guard approved vests. These may be used in shallow water areas.
- Wearing an approved life jacket does not modify age restrictions that may apply.
- Lifeguard staff must approve all play toys brought into the pool area.
- All equipment provided is available for patron use and enjoyment. Please use with caution and at your own risk.
- Triangle Aquatic Center is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Completed Program Registration Forms must be turned in within five (5) days of the start of a session.
- Participation in programming is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. A waiting list will be created after programs are filled.
- TAC reserves the right to cancel or combine classes with registrations of 50% or less. If TAC cancels or combines classes, we will call each existing registrant prior to the program start date, and the registrant may be asked to choose another class time.
- TAC reserves the right remove your child from any course that he/she is unable to meet the course standards. Students will be moved to another class within the same session if space allows, otherwise placed into the next available course at the correct level.
- Although there are times when a child is not able to make a registered class, we cannot accommodate individual make-up classes unless for the reasons below.
- Make-up classes occur only on account of inclement weather before the start of class, facility closure, or instructor illness. If more than half of a class period is complete before inclement weather occurs, the class will not be rescheduled.
- Children should use the restroom before class begins.
Private Lesson Policies and Procedures
- Full payment due at first lesson, for single lesson or for a series.
- Sign in at the front desk upon arrival at each visit.
- 24 hour advance notice for any cancellations. Any changes, including cancellations, must also be sent in writing via email to both the instructor and to email@example.com, or the lesson will be charged in full. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Same day cancellations or no-shows will be charged full fees.
- Cancelling a series midway will incur a $10 cancellation fee.
- Triangle Aquatic Center will notify families as soon as possible about closures or cancellations.
Pass Refund Policy
- The unused portion of any pass may be credited toward the purchase of another pass for a longer term.
- Triangle Aquatic center passes are non-refunable.
- Passes may be transferred, in person, to another individual.