TAC Policies and Rules
POLICIES AND RULES
All TAC Staff on duty shall enforce all pool rules and have the authority to suspend pool privileges if rules are violated.
Guest Policies and Rules
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco is prohibited in or around the building.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the facility. Food and beverages are not allowed on the pool deck or in the dryland area. Water and sports drinks, however, are permitted in the facility and on the pool deck.
- Possession of illegal drugs, beer, and alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the premises.
- Harassment is not tolerated by the Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC). The term “harassment” includes, but is not limited to, slurs, jokes and other verbal, graphic, or physical contact relating to an individual’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, or handicap. “Harassment” also includes sexual favors, unwelcome or offensive touching, and other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Foul and abusive language is unacceptable.
- Abuse and/or misuse of TAC property and equipment is unacceptable. Violators will be held financially responsible for damages and losses. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and action may result in entry privileges being suspended or revoked.
- Guests are only allowed on the TAC premises during facility hours. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and action may result in entry privileges being suspended or revoked.
- No bare feet allowed outside of locker rooms or swimming pool areas with the exception of organized classes.
- Lockers are for day use only unless a monthly or annual locker rental has been purchased. If a pass has not been purchased, lockers will have the lock cut off and all items will be removed and bagged for pick-up. There will be a two (2) week holding period at which time all items found will be sent to an establishment which collects and resells used merchandise.
- Lockers purchased for monthly or annual use must be used in conjunction with a current swim pass, class registration or swim team registration.
- Guests are fully responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged at TAC. Books, bags, coats, and personal items should be kept in a locker and are not allowed in activity areas. Guests are responsible for bringing their own lock when using the lockers.
- Guests may not display actions that TAC Staff deem unsportsmanlike or rude.
- Misuse, moving, or altering any portion of TAC property is prohibited.
- Persons with infectious diseases are prohibited from using the facility. Open wounds must be covered. No one with an open wound will be allowed in the swimming pools.
- No child over the age of five (5) may be brought in the locker room of the opposite sex. TAC has provided two (2) unisex restrooms at the end of the completion pool, underneath spectator seating and adjacent to the alternate staircase for your convenience when faced with this situation.
- For your convenience, a building supervisor is on duty at all times. Any question regarding the facilities or programs can be directed to the supervisor.
- All persons must register at the front desk before using any portion of the facility.
- The multipurpose room is for use only by pre-approved persons.
- A telephone is available in the lobby for public use. All other phones are reserved for TAC business purposes.
- Guests and visitors shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Triangle Aquatic Center. People found in violation of these rules may have their TAC privileges suspended or revoked.
- In the event that severe weather approaches the area, the Triangle Aquatic Center staff will closely monitor local radar and weather reports. If necessary, the pools will be closed and guests will be asked to exit the water. The facility will remain open until conditions allow for reopening the pools.
- When and if severe weather will affect pool operations is impossible to predict. Therefore, Triangle Aquatic Center staff cannot predict whether the pools will be closed when severe weather is predicted, nor can they predict when the pools will reopen after a severe weather closure. ** Decisions will be made on a case by case basis by facility staff. If the pools have closed, Triangle Aquatic Center staff will reopen them as soon as weather conditions allow.
- New! Click the Twitter link below to join and follow all TAC weather tweets!
- A cleansing shower should be taken before entering the pools and before returning to the pools after the use of the restroom in any way.
- Children three (3) years of age and under must wear swim diapers. All other diapers are prohibited in all TAC pools.
- A person with Band-Aids, blisters, cuts, rashes, stitches, and/or communicable diseases is prohibited from using all TAC pools.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- Food, drink, and smoking are not allowed in the facility. Glass containers are prohibited. The use of all TAC pools while under the influence of alcohol or impairing drugs is prohibited.
Private Lesson Policies and Procedures
- Full payment is due prior to the start of each Private Lesson. Private Lesson series of six (6) or more lessons booked at one time must be paid in full prior to the lesson being taught on the first lesson date.
- The Private Lesson series discount is only given when six (6) or more Private Lessons are booked and paid for in one transaction, prior to the start of the first lesson.
- 48 hour advance notice is required for requesting a Private Lesson. Electronic request forms are found online at triangleaquatics.org under the Programs tab.
- 48 hour advance notice is also required for cancellations or rescheduling. The request must be sent in writing via email to both the Private Lesson instructor and [email protected] , or the lesson will be charged in full and not rescheduled. Same day cancellations or no-shows will be charged full fees.
- Triangle Aquatic Center will notify families as soon as possible about facility closures or cancellations due to instructor illness.
- Private Lessons will be rescheduled based on Instructor availability.
- Guests taking private lessons must check in at the Front Desk upon arrival of each visit, receive a lane rental card, and meet their instructor on the pool deck beside the lifeguard stand. The lane rental card must be given to the instructor prior to the lesson, or the parent will be sent back upstairs to the Front Desk to receive their lesson card.
- All private lesson patrons must arrive at the facility at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled swim lesson.
Activity and Equipment Rules
- Diving in shallow areas is prohibited.
- Non-swimming children or children five (5) years of age and under must be accompanied in the water by a parent, guardian, or chaperone at all times, with the exception of classes.
- Chaperones must be at least fourteen (14) years of age.
- Children eleven (11) years and under must be supervised at all times by a parent, guardian, or chaperone, with the exception of classes.
- Swimsuits must be worn. Swimming in street clothing such as cut-off sweat pants, jeans, tshirts, etc. is prohibited.
- Do not play on steps or ladders.
- Back flips, back jumps, and back dives are not allowed even in the deep end.
- Flotation devices are prohibited in all TAC pools except for properly fitted Coast Guard approved vests. These may be used in shallow water areas.
- Wearing an approved life jacket does not modify age restrictions that may apply.
- Lifeguard staff must approve all play toys brought into the pool area.
- All equipment provided is available for patron use and enjoyment. Please use with caution and at your own risk.
- Triangle Aquatic Center is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
Lifeguard Certification and Re-certification Policies and Rules
- In order to secure a spot in a certification class, the class must be paid in full prior to the start of the class. Participants may register online or at the Front Desk.
- A full refund will be granted if the participant withdraws from a class prior to twenty one (21) days before the class start date or if the participant is unable to attend the class due to medical reasons. A doctor’s note signed, dated, listing date of injury, and the duration of ‘out of water’ time requirement must be provided.
- A 50% refund can be granted if one withdraws themselves from a class less than twenty one (21) days before the class start date.
- Once the class begins, no refunds are issued. If you fail to complete the necessary prerequisites, you may transfer to a class at a later date.
- Class transfers are free.
- If a participant fails the class, Triangle Aquatic Center does not offer discounted rates for participants retaking classes.
- If a participant is caught cheating, Triangle Aquatic Center reserves the right to permanently dismiss participant from the class without a refund or certification.
- TAC reserves the right to cancel or combine classes with low registration numbers. If TAC cancels or combines classes, we will contact each existing registrant prior to the program start date, and the registrant may be asked to choose another class time.
TITANS Aquatic Programs – Learn To Swim Policies and Rules
- Participation in TITANS Learn-To-Swim is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. A waiting list will be created after programs are filled.
- All swim lesson participants must pay a non-refundable annual registration fee of $39 per swimmer. This payment must be made in-person at the Front Desk.
- Adult TITANS and Tiny TITANS participants must pay a non-refundable semi-annual registration fee of $10 per swimmer. This payment must be made in-person at the Front Desk.
- All Titans 1 and Titans 2 lessons are sold in packages of 6 lessons for $129
- TAC reserves the right to cancel or combine classes with registrations of 50% or less. If TAC cancels or combines classes, we will contact each existing registrant prior to the program start date, and the registrant may be asked to choose another class time.
- TAC reserves the right to remove your child from any course that he/she is unable to meet the course standards for. Students will be moved to another class or station at the correct level. Course standards can be found on the monthly schedule located at http://www.triangleaquatics.org under the Programs tab, or at the front desk.
- Once participants are registered for a class, there are no refunds/make ups given unless you meet one of the following criteria:
- Medical: a doctor’s note signed, dated, listing date of injury, and the duration of ‘out of water’ time requirement must be provided. Medical make-up class requests cannot be accommodated if request is over seven (7) days after the original class.
- Moving outside a 50 mile radius of Triangle Aquatic Center: must provide proof of address.
- Swimmer graduates beyond the TITANS Amateur level.
- 48 hour advance notice is required for enrolling into lessons or modifying enrollments.
- Transfer requests must occur at least 48 hours prior to the start of the class the participant is transferring out of. Triangle Aquatic Center is unable to transfer participants from a past missed class to a future class without a doctor’s note submitted within 7 days of the missed class.
- TAC cannot guarantee transfer requests to a specific class due to limited space availability. If your initial date/time request is unavailable we will contact you to select an alternate date/time.
- Class transfers can only be accommodated for accounts that are paid in full.
- Transfers occur either by emailing the Front Desk Manager, Programs Manager, over the phone, or in-person at the Front Desk.
- If a refund is issued, it is done via check at the end of each month. Refund requests must be emailed to [email protected]
- If a patron wishes to discontinue group swim lessons they may transfer to different programs within Triangle Aquatic Center, or maintain a credit on your account to be applied for future use. (Note: 48 hour advance notice is required for transferring out of a class.)
- Although there are times when a child is not able to make a registered class, we cannot accommodate individual make-up classes. Traffic and weather related delays to the facility do not constitute a make-up class.
- In the event of a facility closure the class will not be rescheduled if more than two thirds of a class period is completed.
- In the event of an instructor illness the class will be rescheduled if the class is not completed.
- Children should use the restroom before class begins
Party Packages Policies and Rules
- In order to secure your reservation, a deposit of 50% of your total party cost must be made within forty-eight (48) hours of your finalized request:
- If a party reservation is cancelled prior to seven (7) days before the reservation date, a 75% refund will be granted.
- If a party reservation is cancelled less than seven (7) days before the reservation date, a 50% refund will be granted.
- Triangle Aquatic Center is not able to refund your deposit in the event of a same day cancellation.
- All purchases at the Triangle Aquatic Center are non-refundable.
- The unused portion of any program or pass may be credited toward the purchase of another program or pass for a longer term.
- Programs and passes may be transferred, in person, to another individual.