TAC Volunteer / Employment
The Triangle Aquatic Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. TAC was built by Triangle citizens, for Triangle citizens and aquatic organizations.
VOLUNTEER / EMPLOYMENT
Current Positions Available
To apply or inquire about employment, please contact the correct individual listed below:
Only 75% of the revenue needed to operate the TAC facility is generated from user fees and operations, the other 25% comes for Sponsorships, fundraisers and donations. Volunteers are an important way we try to keep costs down and support the health, safety, recreation and competition aquatic programming offered to Triangle citizens. We welcome and appreciate all kinds of community giving and volunteer support including the following opportunities:
- In-Kind services and expertise to help maintain the TAC facility
- Communications and marketing expertise
- Front desk staffing tailored around the time you have to offer
- Event support
Volunteer your time, your skills or services and become part of something special in our community. Share the mission to bring public aquatic facilities and programming throughout the Triangle so children and adults have access to the health, safety, recreation and competition benefits of aquatic programs.
Please note that all volunteer hours can be credited towards high school or other community service hours.
The Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to build public aquatic facilities throughout Wake County, North Carolina. Cary has been consistently rated by Money Magazine as one of the country’s top ten places to live.
Lifeguard Positions: Trey Gay
Group and Private Lesson Swim Instructor: Darria Chance
Water and Dryland Fitness Instructor Positions: Erin Sayre
Customer Service Positions: Elisa Bowie
Event Staff Positions: Mark Frank
Video Production Positions: Ben Hartick
Facility Maintenance Positions: Mark Eubanks
Minimum Age: 18
Certifications: Aqua Fitness Instructor, Aqua Aerobics Instructor, Dryland Fitness, Silver Sneakers or any
equivalent specialty/ certification preferred.
Pay: TBD upon hire
- Must be able to teach at least twice per week, Monday through Friday / preferably mornings and/or early
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies
different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class