To meet the various aquatic needs of the Triangle area, the facility includes:
- Three pools – a 50-meter Competition Pool, a 25-yard Program Pool as well as an Instructional Pool
- Comfortable spectator seating with capacity for up to 1000 people
- Space for up to 800 swimmers, coaches and staff on deck
- Rosie’s Cafe featuring outstanding smoothies, sandwiches and salads.
- Swim Gear Swim Shop
- Dryland fitness area
- Gallery / Hospitality Suite with seating for 100+
- Pool-level Classroom with seating for 50
- Administrative offices
- Handicapped Accessible
50-Meter Competition Pool
The Competition Pool is 50 meters long by 25 yards wide. One moveable bulkhead allows for long or short course events as well as the hosting of water polo, synchronized swimming and other aquatic events.
To meet competition needs, the pool can be configured as 8 long-course lanes or 18 short-course lanes and can support up to 23 short-course training lanes. The pool ranges in depth from 7 feet to 12 feet at the short-course competition end. Water temperature is maintained between 79 – 81 degrees. Daktronics timing systems with separate admin stations are used in each pool.
Our brand new 28’ VIVILED Video Scoreboard has full color video capabilities and can show results for two separate events. Spectator capacity within the Triangle Aquatic Center facility is 1000 with room for additional seating of 600 on deck.
Located adjacent to the competition pool is a 10-lane, 25-yard Training Pool. This multi-purpose pool is available for lap swimming, swim lessons, aqua fitness classes and general swimming. Water temperature is kept at 81 – 83 degrees.
Housed in its own room, the Instructional Pool is a shallow, warm-water pool. The water temperature is maintained between 86 – 88 degrees making this pool area an inviting and comfortable atmosphere for beginner swimming classes as well as therapy or rehabilitation for adults.